And you tried to change, didn’t you? Closed your mouth more. Tried to be softer, prettier, less volatile, less awake… You can’t make homes out of human beings. Someone should have already told you that. And if he wants to leave, then let him leave. You are terrifying, and strange, and beautiful. Something not everyone knows how to love.
|—||Warsan Shire, For Women Who Are Difficult To Love (via t-e-l-e-p-a-t-h-y)|
things i’ve learned
- never mistake desire for love
- no one is going to save you
- don’t waste your time crying over people who hurt you. you’re letting them win.
- your mental health comes before everything
- it’s okay to be someone new 10 minutes from now
- speak at the level of the person you are with
- think before you speak
- never let someone else determine who you are or how happy you are
- stop impressing others and start impressing yourself
- don’t judge others; you don’t know what happened to them in their past that made them that way
- push yourself out of your comfort zone
- travel as much as you can
- you don’t know everything
- you’re not always right
- learn to be happy alone
- spend time outside everyday
- take care of yourself
- make up your own mind
- find something you deeply care about, and fight for it
- don’t take anything too seriously
- your problems are nothing
- you are perfect. know that.
- "sometimes it’s going to hurt. you’re going to sit on the floor screaming at the ceiling and pulling your hair. you’re going to fall asleep with tears burning holes in your cheeks and praying that you won’t wake up. but you will. you will always wake up. be glad. it’s going to stop hurting"
- kiss the boy from down the street because he told your best friends he thinks you have pretty eyes
- laugh until your stomach hurts and you can’t breathe
- remember that the world isn’t caving in on you even though it feels like it is
- crying helps